Online Banking Frequently Asked Questions
- At the Internet Banking home page, click on the link that says "click here to register."
- The registration page will then be shown. You will need to enter various bits of information, including your Social Security Number and a password to be used later. Also, be sure to enter the accounts that you would like to access using Internet Banking.
- Once you have registered, the TSB Bank staff will set up your accounts so that they may be accessed via your Online Banking sign-on. You will receive both an e-mail from the Bank stating that your account is active and a follow-up letter with the same information.
- Your customer number is the social security number you used to sign up for Internet Banking without any dashes or spaces.
- You can also set up an "Alternate Customer Number" once you've successfully signed in. This can be entered under the User Options section of the Internet Banking site.
- The Internet Banking site locks accounts after five bad logins in a row.
- The first option is to use the "Forgotten Password Retrieval" feature on the TSB Bank Online Banking Site. The link to this can be found just below the login dialogue on the sign-in page. The site will require your customer number and the answer to your enhanced login security question to proceed with the reset.
- We can also issue you a new password to allow access to online banking right away. Just call us at 515-928-2142 or contact us via this site with the best time to give you a call. Reissuing your password at the bank will clear out your enhanced login security settings and will force you to enter a new challenge question and answer.
- If you already have Online Banking and are opening a new deposit or loan account, just ask us to enable that account for Online Banking.
- If you have other accounts that weren't originally included in Internet Banking, just let us know that you'd like web access to those accounts and we'll set them up as well.
We recommend the following web browsers for accessing the Internet Banking site:
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or above
- AOL 6, 7 or 8
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or higher
- Apple Safari 4 or higher
- Other browsers may work, but they must support SSL 3.0 and 128 bit SSL.
Log in to TSB Bank Online Banking and go into Bill Pay. Click on "Bill History" - this will bring up a list of bill payments that have been made.
Find the payment that didn't get received and hit "View Detail." This brings up the details of how and when the bill was paid and from what account it was drawn.
Click on the "Payment Inquiry" link. This is the best and quickest method of finding out what the problem with the payment is. Fill out the form and make sure to document anyone who you've talked to regarding the payment and any other significant information. Submitting this form will cause the Bill Payment vendor to launch an investigation into the payment and will get you an answer.
Recently, this has affected a small number of customers. We recommend that the following items be checked:
Have you just signed up for Online Bill Pay and have you ever accessed it before? There are cases where the Online Bill Pay registration can be incomplete on our end - give us a call and we'll investigate and correct the issue.
Are you using a new browser or a new version of your preferred web browser?
Access to Online Bill Pay requires the browser to accept third party cookies. The Online Bill Pay service runs as a frame within the Online Banking application on another domain. When Online Bill Pay attempts to use a cookie, it will not be a tsbbankonline.com cookie - and if third party cookies are disallowed, the application will not work.
Add tsbbankonline.com and partnercare.checkfree.com to your trusted sites list. This lowers some of the security settings in Internet Explorer associated with those sites and should remove any impediments to Online Banking operations.
Are you running a new antivirus or firewall application?
A new antivirus or firewall application may be attempting to block the Online Bill Pay client. Make sure that tsbbankonline.com and partnercare.checkfree.com are both whitelisted domains.